Even before getting out of bed, start your day with something positive. Take 5 minutes to read these positive affirmations and set an intention for your day. These will help shift your mindset into one that is powerful and happy!
What are affirmations?
So, what are affirmations? An affirmation is a positive statement that repeats over and over until it becomes ingrained in your mind. The practice of using affirmations to transform our external lives has been around for centuries, but they aren’t just the domain of mystics and monks. Anyone can use them to create meaningful change in their life, reduce stress, and achieve goals.
The benefits of using affirmations are backed by research. In one particular study published in the Journal of Clinical Psychology, participants were instructed to repeat the phrase “I am strong” five times a day for a period of eight weeks. At the end of those eight weeks, researchers reported an increase in participants’ self-esteem as well as their ability to tolerate emotional distress. This study shows that positive affirmations can have an impact on both mental health and self-worth.
Good morning! Before you stretch and yawn, it’s important to note that you can begin your day on the right foot with a positive affirmation. The benefits of affirmations are numerous.
- Affirmations can help you reach your goals.
- Affirmations can help you feel more confident.
- Affirmations can help you feel more relaxed.
- And affirmations can help you feel more focused.
How to use morning affirmations
If you want to rewire your brain for positivity, start with these five steps.
- Every morning when you wake up, take 5 minutes to yourself and look in the mirror.
- Look at yourself and repeat your affirmation(s). Believe in what you are saying. Let that positive energy fill your body and mind.
- Visualize yourself as the person who has already achieved his or her goals. How well does it feel? Really think about how amazing life will be once you’ve accomplished what you set out to do!
- Repeat this process daily for a few weeks – by then, your subconscious mind will be well on its way to embracing this new way of thinking!
Morning affirmations for teens
Start your day off right with these morning affirmations for teens:
- I can do anything I set my mind to.
- I am a leader and a role model.
- I am a great friend.
- I am confident in my abilities.
- I am smart and intelligent.
- I am in control of my own happiness.
- I am beautiful and strong.
Morning affirmations for moms
Several studies have shown that engaging in morning affirmations can significantly improve one’s mood and outlook for the day. In order to help you have a positive day, I compiled this list of affirmations specifically catered to moms!
- I am a good mother and I will be even better today than I was yesterday.
- My children are beautiful and unique and deserve my respect.
- Patience is a virtue and I will show patience when dealing with my children today.
- Today, I will enjoy the little things – like my baby’s smile or my toddler’s laugh.
Morning affirmations for work
- I am confident in my abilities.
- I am willing to take risks.
- I am willing to learn new things.
- I am willing to ask for help.
- I am willing to be wrong.
- I am willing to be right.
- I am willing to be wrong again.
Morning affirmations for stress relief
- I am calm and relaxed.
- I can handle whatever comes my way today.
- I am grateful for this day as it is a gift.
- Today, I choose peace over stress.
- Today, I choose to be happy and positive rather than irritable and negative.
- Today, I am open to receiving all the good things the universe has in store for me.
- Today, I concentrate on all that is good in my life and appreciate what I have because so many have less than me.
Affirmations can help you go from stressed to calm, negative to positive in just seconds!
Affirmations are short, positive sentences that you can repeat over and over throughout the day. They’re an easy way to change your feelings about a situation or improve your relationships.
We’ve gathered some examples of affirmations that we use in our daily lives and which have worked for us. I’ll include an example from each one as well as a few examples of my own so you get a feel for what they sound like:
“I am calm and confident. I communicate effectively with others.”
“I am peaceful and at ease.”
“I inspire confidence in others by providing them with accurate information.”
“I utilize the Five Senses to enjoy the beauty around me. ”
I hope my list of 24 positive affirmations will inspire you to succeed. Decide for yourself which one or ones resonate with you most and make them your own, personal bucket list. They’re not magic – they take practice, repetition, and consistent application. But armed with some morning affirmations, you’ll be on the road to that successful life you’ve dreamed of.
All it takes is the commitment to make it happen – the rest will follow.